torsdag 4 augusti 2011

Ännu en gång

Varje gång jag tänker att jag gillar den här stan börjar jag nynna på City av och med Billie the vision and the dancers. Det är mycket som inte stämmer in, jag har inget halvtidsjobb som städare exempelvis, men annars är den ju så klockren och jag älskar den här låten så mycket och har gjort det i flera år. Nu känns den mer och mer Malmö för varje dag som går, och bandet bildades dessutom i Malmö så jag tänker mig att "this city" inte kan vara något annat ställe än just detta lilla paradis. Om drygt två veckor står de och spelar för ett folkhav på Malmöfestivalen - underbart. Och nu - mina tankar från de senaste veckorna, skrivna av Lars Lindquist:

This place ain’t familiar yet but I’m sure I could fit in here. My neighbours stay up late at night. I like this big city atmosphere. On every wall around our block there are posters that I like. There are major changes in the air. I can feel its heartbeat pump. And the wages I get from the cleaning job pays the rent but not much more. But it’s a halftime job and the afternoons are free. I think I like this city. 

I can’t believe I’m here and that I don’t fear tomorrow anymore. I think we might be headed for a great time. So look at me, tell me what you see and give me a left cheek kiss. If this is not called happiness I don’t know what it is. So take a deep breath, tell me what you smell. I smell a good time in my life. 
If this is not called happiness I don’t know what it is. 

I used to say I don’t believe in this. Now it’s as obvious as a kiss. I know what I’ve been waiting for and I am glad I’ve done my time. I’m on a bicycle to the market place. I got some music in my ears. And every day I meet people I know, almost all my friends are here. The wages I get from the cleaning job pays the rent but not much more. But it’s a halftime job and the afternoons are free. 
It’s a halftime job and the afternoons are free. I think I like this city. 

I can’t believe I’m here and that I don’t fear tomorrow anymore.I think we might be headed for a great time. So look at me, tell me what you see and give me a left cheek kiss. If this is not called happiness and don’t know what it is. 
So take a deep breath, tell me what you smell. I smell a good time in my life. 
If this is not called happiness I don’t know what it is. I think I like this city.

Inga kommentarer: