måndag 23 juni 2008

Kings of Convenience

Nu när Calle och jag har beställt biljetter till Kings of Convenience-konserten i Stockholm den 13 augusti tyckte jag att det var dags att lägga in några av mina favoritcitat från deras texter här på bloggen. Here we go:

From my seat I see the fields move by,
coulours strong - it's been a long, long time.
It's the first time I see summer on the Westhill.
I lean back and let my eyes just go
floating now where they want to float.
They seem to take to the horizon.
Now I know there is a world beyond
the small place I was coming from.
I feel at home here in the middle of nowhere.


(Summer on the Westhill)

Rain falls, but no life is given,
weeks pass, no progress is made.
Past sometimes takes you with soft hands,
and all that surrounds you will fade.


(Surprise ice)

Even though I'm not her minder,
even though she doesn't want me around,
I am on my feet to find her,
to make sure that she is safe from harm.

... spend a day to make her smile again...

The sun sets on the war,
the day breaks and everything is new...


(Winning a battle, losing the war)

There are very many things I would like to say to you
But I've lost my way
And I've lost my words
There are very many places I would like to go but I
Can't find the key to open my door

There are very many ways I would like to break the spell
You've cast upon me


(Weight of my words)

The wind is in your hair, it's covering my view
I'm holding on to you, on a bike we've hired until tomorrow

If only they could see, if only they had been here
They would understand how someone could have chosen
To go the length I've gone, to spend just one day riding
Holding on to you, I never thought it would be this clear


(Cayman Islands)

I will leave
everything safe behind me,
traveling
into the void
If I don't need
anyone else to guide me,
I am no
longer a boy

I will go
into the ring of fire


(Into the ring of fire)

Je te tiens,
Chaudement dans mes bras.
Écoute la pluie qui frappe
Sur les fenêtres.
J'ai perdu
La puissance de la solitude,
L'invincibilité de l'homme sans coeur.
Maintenant j'ai peur.
À cause de toi,
Je suis faible comme dans un rêve
De la douceur de mon avenir
Avec toi.


(Parr-à-pluie)

Inga kommentarer: